- RWS 500, Advanced Composition
- RWS 503, Professional Writing
- RWS 504, Advanced Professional Writing
- RWS 506, Writing Internships
- RWS 508, Scientific Writing
- RWS 607, Writing Project Management
- RWS 640, Research Methods in Rhetoric and Writing Studies
- Co-teach an online course in Regulatory Affairs, RA 605: Medical/Scientific Writing for Healthcare Professionals
Mathison, M. and Bekins, L. (2017). “Designing assignments as relational activity: When do thinking, learning and writing connect?” In M. Mathison (Ed.), Sojourners and Third Cultures: A Case Study of Writing in the Disciplines, Teaching in the Disciplines. Logan, UT: University of Utah Press.
Cammack, B., Bekins, L. & Krug, A. (2013). “From concept to action: Do environmental regulations promote sustainability.” In P. Goggin (Ed.), Environmental Rhetoric and Ecologies of Place. New York: Routledge.
Bekins, L. & Williams, S. (2006). “Positioning technical communication for the creative economy.” Technical Communication, 53(3), 287-295.
Robinett, J. & Bekins, L. (2005). “Medical narratives in empirical frameworks.” Academic Exchange Quarterly, 9 (3), 116-120.
Bekins, L., Huckin, T., & Kijak, L. (2004). “The personal statement in medical school applications: Rhetorical structure in a diverse and unstable context.” Issues in Writing, 15 (1), 56-75.
Ornatowski, C. & Bekins, L. (2004). “What's civic about technical communication? Technical communication and the rhetoric of ‘community.’” Technical Communication Quarterly, 13, 251-269.